matt's blog

Saturday, November 19, 2005

An observation

Italian Americans are all wonderful people. I know this because I'm married to a woman who is Mostly Italian (TM), and hence, most of my relatives fall into the Italian-American demographic. One of the interesting things about them, as I've found, is that they're everywhere. And they find each other. And they talk about Italy, and what parts of Italy they're from, and which Italian families they're related to in that region.

I have observed this phenomenon with steadily increasing frequency, and it is quickly approaching epidemic level. These days, you can't go anywhere without seeing two people, who, though almost complete strangers, will refer to each other as "paisano."

On matters like this, I subscribe to the "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" school of thought. Therefore, I propose the following changes to the map of the world:

1 Comments:

  • yes... i too will marry one of these Mostly Italians. it will be a blast, and maybe we'll both get fat with pasta living happily ever after in the land of Still Italy.

    :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home