Still alive after the retreat
Even though I didn't get much sleep Saturday night, on account of one of the teens throwing up all over.
Pam and I did well, I think, on our Theology of the Body speech - unfortunately, we had to cut out the small-group discussion where we would have talked about it, so I never got a lot of feedback on it. Still, Father Dave himself quoted me later that day, which I suppose can't hurt.
Tony (one of the paisani mentioned in my "Still Italy" post) and Jess from our Veritatis Splendor study group came too, this weekend, which was truly a blessing. We had about ninety teens there, so we needed all the help we could get.
The rest of the team did a great job as well - covering Reconciliation, miracles, and so on. And lots of good prayer time on Saturday evening. My only complaint is that when John T. played a version of Tantum Ergo for us, I couldn't sing along, because I'm such a huge nerd that I only know words to it in Latin.
So... on to next Sunday, when Dr. Ray Guarendi comes to speak to the teens about... something. I'm not sure what, and knowing him as I do, he probably doesn't know either. But it'll be worth coming to.
In the meantime, I'm going to get some sleep.
Pam and I did well, I think, on our Theology of the Body speech - unfortunately, we had to cut out the small-group discussion where we would have talked about it, so I never got a lot of feedback on it. Still, Father Dave himself quoted me later that day, which I suppose can't hurt.
Tony (one of the paisani mentioned in my "Still Italy" post) and Jess from our Veritatis Splendor study group came too, this weekend, which was truly a blessing. We had about ninety teens there, so we needed all the help we could get.
The rest of the team did a great job as well - covering Reconciliation, miracles, and so on. And lots of good prayer time on Saturday evening. My only complaint is that when John T. played a version of Tantum Ergo for us, I couldn't sing along, because I'm such a huge nerd that I only know words to it in Latin.
So... on to next Sunday, when Dr. Ray Guarendi comes to speak to the teens about... something. I'm not sure what, and knowing him as I do, he probably doesn't know either. But it'll be worth coming to.
In the meantime, I'm going to get some sleep.

3 Comments:
I thought you did a great job with the boy girl rap session. It was really a home run. Sorry for the non latin version but I don't know latin that well. Finally got caught up on some sleep and looking forward to where we go from here.
By
Anonymous, at 10:00 PM
Thanks, JT - don't get me wrong, the song is great in English too, and you're always welcome to play it again. ;)
By
matt, at 10:08 PM
Tony, Jess, Pam, and John all got mentions about the retreat. Just to let our friends know, I was there, too. (And Michelle, Rachel, and Mary did an awesome job with the session Beth, Susan M., and I led.)
By
Anonymous, at 11:13 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home