matt's blog

Thursday, June 01, 2006

One of those days you never thought you'd see

Via Gerald Augustinus... apparently the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America, in continuation of what appears to be a sincere attempt at ecumenicism on both sides, has produced a video titled Understanding the Roman Catholic Church.


Though I haven't seen it myself, this seems at first glance to be a good thing.

One of the more recent products of the ongoing dialog between the Catholic Church and the ELCA is the Joint Declaration on Justification. This document which was instrumental in my own conversion to Catholicism, inasmuch as it encouraged me to look for other areas of consensus between the Lutheran and Catholic Churches. I didn't find very many more similarities, needless to say, but the more I studied the differences, the more I became attracted to Catholicism.

So yay for ecumenical efforts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home